Eric Avery is an overly ambitious lover, reader and writer of all things fantasy. He strives to inject more magic into fantasy fiction through his short-stories and full-length fiction. His mission in life is to craft fantastical worlds and tell stories with themes that resonate with people of all ages, with a focus on magic (spellcasting).
At the ripe-young age of 27, Eric has spent the past 20 years of his life being inspired by the fantastical worlds of authors such as C.S. Lewis, Roald Dahl, Bruce Coville, J.K. Rowling, Robert Jordan, Neil Gaiman and Mercedes Lackey. He is also greatly inspired by video games (RPGs in particular), which he’s been playing since an Atari was put into his hands at the ripe age of 5 years. Square-Enix, Ubisoft, and SCE Santa Monica are his favourite video game development studios.
His other goals in life include:
- Writing with a fresh approach to fantasy fiction (dwarves are high on his list for long 0verdue makeovers)
- Playing as many awesome video games as possible
- Purchasing his favourite fantasy films on Blu-ray (everything else is fine on DVD :P)
- Owning a spacious two-storey loft with brick walls and wicked-tall windows and ceilings
- Making his dream job of becoming a professional scriptwriter for a video game company into reality
- And, perhaps one day, owning his own car
Eric Avery lives in his bachelor apartment in Toronto, Ontario (Canada) with his black cat, Madeline. She is cuter than your cat.